Local heritage book Neuenkirchen
Neuenkirchen at one time belonged to the old county of Rothenburg (as
did Schneverdingen and Wolterdingen). At the formation of the German
rural counties (Landkreis) in the second half of the 19th century,
these three parishes came to belong to Kreis Soltau, which about a
hundred years thereafter was combined with Kreis Fallingbostel. The
church at Neuenkirchen bears the name St. Anna.
The oldest churchbooks were destroyed in a fire in 1728, but they
are available from the year 1729 with no breaks. In addition, the
State Archive at Stade does have duplicates ('Kirchennebenbücher')
for 1715-1726 and a transcription of the baptism and marriage
register for 1700 (in another document).
One regrettable peculiarity noticable in the years 1735-1775 is the
bleeding through of ink which also applies to the duplicates during
these years. Many of these pages have an almost totally dark brown
appearance, and one can often make out the writing only at the very
edges of the page.
The following places belonged to the parish of Neuenkirchen before 1900:
Translated by Christopher Wolter